New England Biolabs Foundation grants are limited to organizations that hold charitable status in their country. Eligible organizations must operate on a not-for-profit basis and stand by a mission to benefit local communities.
We do not typically fund:
- Art projects beyond the North Shore of Massachusetts
- Capital endowments, renovations, or building funds
- Conferences or travel grants
- Disease-specific initiatives or medical research
- Private schools
- Production of videos, movies, or books
- Religious activities
- Routine operating cost of institutions
- Scholarships, fellowships, and internships
- Services concerning the elderly, the needy, or the handicapped
- Species-specific projects
Further, we cannot make grants to individuals.