We encourage proposals for community-based projects in settings where our small grants can make a big impact. Because we are a small foundation, we must limit our grants to specific countries and are unable to consider requests from areas outside of our geographic focus.
We are actively funding projects in the following regions and target landscapes:
In Belize, Guatemala, and Honduras:
- Coastal landscapes/seascapes within the Gulf of Honduras and the Bay Islands
- Southern Pacific coast of Nicaragua, including Lake Nicaragua
- Northern Caribbean coast within Nicaragua’s North Atlantic Autonomous Region
Andean South America
- Sacred Valley of the Incas, extending from Ollantaytambo to Pisac in the Southern Andes of Peru
- In Bolivia, that portion of the Altiplano extending from Lake Titicaca to Lake Poopó, and beyond to Sucre
- Andes-Amazon Basin of Ecuador and Peru (with specific landscapes within that region to be identified in 2019)
- Weto Landscape/Togo Plateau in the southern part of the Togo-Atakora Mountains in Ghana
- Black Volta Basin in the Upper West region of Ghana
- Highland landscapes of Southwest Cameroon
Please note that we are no longer actively funding in Papua New Guinea, Tanzania, or El Salvador. We will occasionally consider, by invitation only, proposals for projects in these countries.
While the foundation's emphasis is on working internationally, we do fund a limited number of local projects in coastal communities along the North Shore of Massachusetts.
Organizations working in these regions are welcome to approach us with inquiries for projects that fall within our Funding Priorities.